Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Easy Authentic Huevos Rancheros Recipe
I predict that huevos rancheros will be the next great brunch dish.
At my tasting demo last Saturday at Whole Foods Market in Swampscott, MA, just north of Boston, so many Mexican-American shoppers told me they used Larry's Southwestern Ranchero Sauce to make huevos rancheros at home, I felt I needed to post an easy and authentic recipe here so more people can enjoy this tasty and healthy dish.
Larry's Southwestern Huevos Rancheros
1. Heat one jar of Larry's Southwestern Ranchero Sauce in a saucepan or microwave.
2. Warm four to eight soft (not crunchy) corn tortillas in a heavy skillet or griddle over medium heat for 15 to 20 seconds on each side.
3. Fry two eggs per person. (sunny side up, over easy, scrambled, whatever you like)
4. To serve, place two warm corn tortillas overlapping on a plate, top with the eggs, cover with warmed Ranchero Sauce and sprinkle with grated cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese.
5. Pop the plate in the microwave for 30 seconds or under the broiler until the cheese melts.
Serves two to four.