Make this fast, simple and delicious guacamole and you will never feel the need to buy a pre-made guacamole from the store ever again.
2 whole ripe avocados
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon each coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh tomato
1. Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, remove the pit and scoop the insides into a mixing bowl.
2. Squeeze the juice of the lime over the avocado right away to stop any discoloring and to add that citrus flavor.
3. Mash the avocado with the back of a fork or potato masher.
4. Add the onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, salt, pepper and tomato. Mix it all together.
5. Serve with your favorite chips or spread on fresh or toasted whole grain bread for a wonderful sandwich.
Serves two to four.