Here is an easy and authentic recipe for Chipotle Beef and Bean Burritos made with Larry's Southwestern Chipotle Sauce. This recipe makes 6 hot and tasty burritos.
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey or a mixture
1 16 ounce can black, red or pinto beans
1 cup of cooked white or brown rice
1 16 oz jar of Larry's Southwestern Chipotle Sauce or your favorite chipotle sauce
6 (10-inch) whole wheat or regular flour tortillas
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef or turkey and cook until browned, stirring often to break up meat.
2. Heat the chipotle sauce and keep warm.
3. Drain and rinse the beans and add to the meat. Add half the chipotle sauce and the rice and cook over medium low heat until heated through.
4. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in a 350° oven to heat for 10 minutes.
5. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the beef, bean and rice mixture onto each tortilla, sprinkle with a portion of lettuce and cheese. Fold the tortillas to form burritos and place them on a serving plate.
6. Spoon remaining chipotle sauce over the burritos and serve.