Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Turkey Mole Enchilada Casserole is a lot like lasagna and a lot easier than rolling the enchiladas. It is also a great way to use zucchini in the summer and get some veggies on the table. There is something magical in the flavor combination of Larry's Mole Sauce, turkey, soft corn tortillas, grated cheese and zucchini. Every time I make this my kids eat it all and ask for more!
Turkey Mole Zucchini Enchilada Casserole
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound ground turkey
1 16 oz. jar Larry's Southwestern Mole Sauce
8 soft corn tortillas
2 cups shredded or thinly sliced zucchini
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese
1. Warm the vegetable oil in a medium cooking pot.
2. Add the ground turkey and cook until done.
3. Add one 16 oz. jar of Larry's Southwestern Mole Sauce and cook until hot.
4. In a two-quart casserole or souffle dish, place a quarter cup of turkey sauce mixture in the bottom. Spread a layer of corn tortillas over that. Spread a layer of zucchini over that. Cover with grated cheese and more sauce.
5. Keep adding these layers until you have filled the casserole, covering everything with a big splash of turkey and mole sauce on top covered with cheese.
6.Bake in a 375' oven for 35 minutes until piping hot and the cheese has melted.