Monday, November 28, 2011
Chicken Mole Meatballs
11/2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
1 egg, whisked
1/2 cup bread crumbs, homemade if possible
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper or to taste
2 tblsp. vegetable or corn oil
1 16 oz. jar Larry's Southwestern Mole Sauce or your favorite mole sauce
1. In a medium sized bowl mix together the ground chicken, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil over medium in a large skillet. Form meatballs no larger than a ping pong ball and add them to the pan. Cook them turning often until the meatballs are brown on all sides, about five to ten minutes.
3. Pour Larry's Southwestern Mole Sauce over the meatballs, turn the heat to medium low, cover and simmer for ten minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
4. Bring the chicken mole meatballs to the table and stand back.
Larry's Mole, Chipotle and Ranchero Sauces are now available at more than 80 stores in New England and the Hudson Valley including Price Chopper, Shop Rite and Whole Foods Markets. The list of stores keeps growing. Larry's Southwestern Sauces are now available ONLINE coast to coast and around the world at Abe's Market.
Larry's Southwestern Sauces are all-natural Mexican cooking sauces to make chili, enchiladas, chicken mole, huevos rancheros, seafood, tacos or just to simmer your favorite meats in. Larry's Sauces come in three flavors; Mole, Chipotle and Ranchero. All are made with fresh jalapeno and cilantro and a premium blend of herbs and spices.
Larry's Southwestern Sauces are vegetarian and gluten-free, preservative-free and are made with no tree or ground nuts. Larry invented these sauces when he was a chef at a natural whole foods restaurant in the Midwest. Contact me at email@example.com or call 518-852-9274.
If you like Mexican food, you'll love Larry's Southwestern Sauces!
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
6 corn tortillas
1/4 cup vegetable or peanut oil
2 cups chicken stock
1 16 oz jar Larry's Southwestern Ranchero Sauce
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1 cup drained black, red, kidney or pinto beans
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1. Make your own tortilla strips by cutting the corn tortillas into thin strips. Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the strips in small batches. Drain on paper towels. Or use Green Mountain Gringo tortilla strips.
2. Heat the chicken stock in a large pot and add Larry's Southwestern Ranchero Sauce or your favorite enchilada or ranchero sauce.
3. Add the onion, corn, chicken and beans. Heat the soup until almost boiling and simmer for 10 minutes.You could add carrots, potatoes, zucchini, butternut squash or any vegetable you have and that you like.
4. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and top with the tortilla strips.
Larry's Southwestern Ranchero Sauce is an artisan, all-natural Mexican cooking sauce that is is made with fresh jalapeno, fresh cilantro and a premium blend of herbs and spices. It is vegan, gluten-free and delicious. Ask for it at your favorite store or buy it online at Abe's Market.