Mole Grilled Salmon Barbacoa is a recipe for salmon steaks or fillets, marinated in Larry's Mole Sauce and cooked on the backyard barbecue grill, either charcoal or gas. The slightly oily salmon matches really well with the dark rich Mole Sauce making this your go-to fish on the grill recipe.
4 six to eight oz. salmon fillets or steaks
1 tsp. each salt and pepper
2 tblsp. vegetable oil
- Place the salmon in a shallow baking dish or pan. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 cup of Larry's Mole Sauce over the fish. Cover with foil and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare your barbecue grill for medium heat. Clean the grill and brush it with the vegetable oil.
- Place the salmon pieces on the grill and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, basting with the marinade.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and plate. Heat the remaining mole sauce and serve on the side.
Larry's Mole Sauce is a rich blend of chocolate and chilies that is vegetarian, gluten-free and nut-free. Buen provecho!