|Ranchero Mexican Meatball Sandwich|
Ranchero Mexican meatball sandwiches are the Tex-Mex south of the border version of America's popular Italian meatball sandwich. The secret ingredient is to mix Larry's Ranchero Sauce into the meat.
Sprinkle on a soothing cabbage slaw spiked with cilantro, jalapeno and lime and you have a savory sandwich packed with crunch and flavor.
For the Meatballs (albondigas):
1 pound ground meatloaf mix
1/4 cup panko or homemade breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Larry's Ranchero Sauce
1 egg, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 sub sandwich rolls
For the Cilantro, Jalapeno Slaw
2 cups shredded Napa or green cabbage
2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeno
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Juice of one lime
- Place the meatloaf mix, bread crumbs, ranchero sauce, beaten egg, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Blend the ingredients and then make 12 meatballs.
- Place the vegetable oil in a large skillet and fry the meatballs over medium heat until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the remaining Larry's Ranchero Sauce over the meatballs, cover and simmer for ten minutes.
- In a different bowl, toss the cabbage, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice until well-blended.
- Place two to three meatballs on a sub sandwich roll, spoon on a little more sauce, sprinnkle with the law and serve.