|Ranchero Steak with Mexican Succotash|
2 rib or strip steaks, one inch thick
1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup **Larry's Ranchero Sauce**
1. Rub the steaks with the oil and season them with the salt, pepper and chili powder.
2. Heat the **Larry's Ranchero Sauce**.
3. Place the steaks on the hot grill, baste the steaks with ranchero sauce and cook to medium.
4. Spoon the heated ranchero sauce over the steaks and serve.
Serves 2 to 4.
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped red or green jalapeno pepper
2 cups corn kernels
2 cups cut green beans
1/4 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter and saute the jalapeno in a medium sized saucepan for two to three minutes.
2. Add the corn, green beans and water. Cover and simmer on medium low until the vegetables are cooked, about five minutes.
3. Add the salt and pepper, stir and serve.
Larry's Ranchero Sauce is an all-natural Mexican cooking sauce created by cookbook author and chef Larry Sombke. They are vegetarian, gluten free and have an artisanal home style flavor. More recipes at www.larryssouthwesternsauces.com