|Chipotle Bean Tostadas with Summer Corn Guacamole|
1 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained
1/2 cup Larry's Chipotle Sauce
!/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 cup corn kernels, about 1 ear
1/2 cup minced onion
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
1 cup vegetable oil
8 soft corn tortillas
- Place the drained pinto beans in a medium sauce pan. Add the Larry's Chipotle Sauce and cook over medium low heat for 3 minutes. Mash the beans and sauce. Add salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Cut the corn kernels from the cob, place them in a non-metal mixing bowl, add water just to cover and microwave for one to two minutes until the corn is just barely cooked. Drain and cool.
- Scoop the avocado out of its skin, place the avocado in a small mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the corn, onion, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro and juice of one of the limes.
- Heat the oil over high heat and fry the corn tortillas until they brown lightly and crisp up. About 30 to 60 seconds. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread a couple big tablespoons of the mashed beans on one of the crispy tortillas, top with the guacamole, sprinkle with a little more cilantro and serve with lime wedges.