|Mole Black Bean Tostadas with Butternut Squash Pico de Gallo|
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
1 cup Larry's Mole Sauce
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
2 cups diced butternut squash
1/2 cup minced onion
1/4 cup minced jalapeno or ancho pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1 cup vegetable oil
8 soft corn tortillas
- Place the drained pinto beans in a medium sauce pan. Add the Larry's Mole Sauce and cook over medium low heat for 3 minutes. Mash the beans and sauce. Add salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Place the squash on a baking tray and bake in a 350' oven for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Place the cooled squash in a mixing bowl and add the onion, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro and juice of one of the limes.
- Heat the oil over high heat and fry the corn tortillas until they brown lightly and crisp up. About 30 to 60 seconds. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread a couple big tablespoons of the mashed beans on one of the crispy tortillas, top with the squash pico de gallo and serve with lime wedges.
Get more of Larry's recipes at his Website.