|Migas Texican Omelette|
I first ate migas at a diner/restaurant in downtown Austin after a great night listening to country music at the Armadillo World Headquarters. Then again in Austin after a great night dancing at the Broken Spoke.
I use tortilla chips, fresh jalapeno or ancho peppers and Larry's Ranchero Sauce to make migas and I think they taste pretty good.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 or 2 medium-sized fresh jalapeno
1 1/2 cups chunky crushed tortilla chips
1/2 cup Larry's Ranchero Sauce
4 eggs, stirred
1/2 cup grated cheddar, cotija or Monterrey Jack cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons minced cilantro, as garnish
2 wedges lime
- Fry the minced jalapeno in the vegetable oil in a medium non-stick skillet.
- Add the tortilla chips and cook for two minutes over medium heat.
- Add the Larry's Ranchero Sauce and cook for one minute.
- Add the eggs and cook one minute.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and cook another minute, stirring until the eggs are scrambled.
- Spoon on to two plates, sprinkle the cilantro over and serve with a wedge of lime.
Get more recipes at www.larryssouthwesternsauces.com
Buy Larry's Ranchero Sauce online.