delicious, authentic-tasting Mexican food for your Cinco de Mayo Party
does not have to be time consuming or complicated.
Your guests will enjoy this crowd-pleasing menu of Fresh Pepper Jack Nachos, Mole Beef and Bean Burritos and Chipotle Chicken Flat Bread Pizzas.
All of them can be prepared in 30-45 minutes. This fool proof menu
leaves plenty of time to create a festive party atmosphere and mix up a
pitcher of margaritas.
Cinco de Mayo Party Menu
Fresh Pepper Jack Nachos
(10 minutes) This recipe makes two plates of nachos, enough for four to six people.
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced into tiny ¼ inch pieces
1 habanero pepper, seeded and diced into tiny ¼ inch pieces
8 oz. shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1 jar Larrys Ranchero Sauce
1 10 oz. bag corn tortillas
1. On a microwave-safe dish arrange a layer of corn tortilla chips. 2. Spoon ½ jar of Larry's Ranchero Sauce over the chips. 3. Sprinkle with cheese and the habanero and jalapeno peppers 4. Microwave for one minute or until cheese is melted and bubbly. 5. Serve immediately.
Chipotle Chicken Flatbread Pizza
6 thin flat bread rounds, split open
8 oz. Colby cheese shredded
8 oz. Cheddar cheese shredded
1 16 oz. jar Larry's Chipotle Sauce
16 oz. roasted and shredded chicken breast
½ cup sliced fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Arrange the flat bread rounds on foil-covered baking trays.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons of Larry's Chipotle Sauce on each round.
4. Top with shredded chicken.
5. Sprinkle with shredded cheeses.
6. Garnish with jalapeno slices.
7. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is melted and bubbling
8. Serve immediately
Mole Beef and Black Bean Burritos
Recipe makes 12 burritos
1 pound lean ground beef
1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
1 16 oz. jar Larry's Mole Sauce
12 – 8-inch flour tortillas
12 oz. shredded Colby or Monterrey Jack cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and drain fat. 2. Add the black beans and half a jar of the mole sauce, stir to blend well. 3. Cook covered over medium low heat for five minutes. 4.
Wrap the tortillas in a cloth towel or plastic wrap and warm in the
microwave for approximately 30 seconds or until soft and pliable. 5. Spoon equal portions of the meat, bean and sauce mixture on individual tortillas. 6. Sprinkle half the cheese in equal portions over the burritos. 7. Fold sides and ends over filling, then roll them up. 8. Spoon the remaining heated mole over each and top with the remaining cheese. 9. Serve immediately