|Ranchero Shrimp Tacos an easy fish taco recipe|
Shrimp tacos are a wonderful alternative to fish tacos which are rapidly becoming one America's favorite Mexican dishes. Instead of spending your time making a sauce or salsa to go with these tasty treats, simply open a jar of Larry's Ranchero Sauce and use that instead. Made with fresh jalapeno and fresh cilantro, Larry's Ranchero's mild flavor allows the flavor of the seafood to shine through.One 16 oz. jar of Larry's Ranchero Sauce
One pound of uncooked shrimp, thawed and shells removed.
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
16 soft corn tortillas or eight flour tortillas
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce or napa cabbage
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1 lime cut into wedges for squeezing
1. Heat one jar of Larry's Ranchero Sauce in a microwave or on the stove.
2. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and dredge in the flour.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high and saute the shrimp until cooked through, about three minutes.
4. Keep warm.
5. Warm the tortillas in a dry frying pan over medium heat on the stove.
6. Stir the lime juice into the sour cream to make a lime crema.
7. Fold two soft, warm tortillas together for each taco.
8. Fill the tacos with shrimp. spoon the Larry's Ranchero Sauce over that, sprinkle with the lettuce or cabbage, and drizzle the lime crema on top.
9. Serve with lime wedges and lots of napkins. Serves four.
You can buy Larry's Ranchero Sauce online at www.foodlyn.com