The rich and spicy flavor of Larry's Southwestern Mole Sauce is a perfect match for the earthy goodness of pork chops. This recipe call for bone in pork chops because that's what I like. If you prefer the boneless loin pork chops, the result will be just as succulent.4 pork chops
1 tsp. each salt and pepper
1 tblsp. vegetable oil
1 16 oz. jar Larry's Mole Sauce
2 cups water
1 cup white rice
A pinch of saffron or 1 tsp. turmeric
(or use a packaged yellow rice mix)
3/4 cup cooked black beans, rinsed
2 cups chopped zucchini and red pepper blend or whatever vegetable mixture you like.
▪ Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of the pork chops.
▪ Heat a large skillet and add the vegetable oil and the pork chops. Cook over medium high heat for about six minutes, turning to cook both sides.
▪ Heat the Larry's Mole Sauce on top of the stove or in the microwave until hot and bubbling.
▪ Place the water, rice and saffron or turmeric to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, turn the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes until the rice is cooked.
▪ Add the black beans to the rice and stir. Keep warm.
▪ Cook the vegetables.
▪ Place the cooked pork chop on a warm plate, add a scoop each of the rice and vegetables, spoon Larry's Mole Sauce over the pork and serve.