Grilled steak is huge in the Southwest and popular in Mexico where it is called carne asada. A good steak tastes even better when it is basted with Larry's Ranchero Sauce while it is sizzling on the grill.
2 rib or strip steaks, one inch thick
1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Larry's Ranchero Sauce
- Rub the steaks with the oil and season them with the salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Heat the Larry's Ranchero Sauce.
- Place the steaks on the hot grill, baste the steaks with ranchero sauce and cook to medium or medium rare.
- Spoon the heated ranchero sauce over the steaks and serve. Serves 2 to 4.
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped red or green jalapeno pepper
2 cups corn kernels
2 cups cut green beans
1/4 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter and saute the jalapeno in a medium sized saucepan for two to three minutes.
- Add the corn, green beans and water. Cover and simmer on medium low until the vegetables are cooked, about five minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper, stir and serve.